Saturday 3 September 2011

What if you were the one; would you still marry her?What if you were the one; would you still marry her?

I have been out of the University for ten
years without a job. Getting a job became a big deal in those years. Every advertisement I saw on the papers
demanded for five years working
experience.
How could l have had five years working
experience without actually working? So
l continued the search until l found a job
as a clerical staff in an establishment of
sort.
I took it even though the pay could not
take me home. They say ‘a beggar
doesn’t have a choice’. I couldn’t say no
to the salary when I didn’t have a better
deal elsewhere.
I have worked for six years and just got
my promotion to the position of a
supervisor in the same company.
Meanwhile, I have continued to see my
sweetheart, Jessica from the University.
She finished service and got a good job
in a Bank and as it is she is already
earning more than I have ever earned… What if you were the one; would you still marry her?

1 comment: